Rapidshare is one of the most frustrating websites to download large files off of, especially if they are broken into many pieces while Megaupload positively shines in comparison. So why do people keep using these two services when more generous file hosts like Mediafire exist?
I can only guess that it’s simply because so many other people are using them. In order to get free premium Rapidshare accounts, which let you download unlimited amounts of files, users upload their own files onto Rapidshare, hoping enough people download them in turn so that the uploaders can earn enough premium points to qualify for a free account.
But it doesn’t have to be that complicated. You can get unlimited Rapidshare downloads more simply.
What you are going to do is request a new IP address from your ISP. This is assuming that you do not subscribe to an Internet service with fixed IP addresses.
First, figure out what your current IP address is by going to IP Chicken. Write down the series of numbers that are displayed. This is your current IP address.
Then, follow the steps below to get a new IP:
1. Go to Start->Run and type in “cmd” without quotes to bring up the command prompt. Hit Enter.
2. Type in “ipconfig /flushdns” without quotes and hit Enter.
3. Type in “ipconfig /release” without quotes and hit Enter.
4. Type in “ipconfig /renew” without quotes and hit Enter. You should now have a new IP address. Check your IP address at IP Chicken again and compare it to the one you got earlier.
5. Now, erase your browser’s cache and cookies.
6. Try downloading the Rapidshare or Megaupload file again.
Reply me if u have any doubt! Enjoy it works with xp i tried it. 🙂